Skip to content
- Accepting the TermsBy using the information, tools, features, software and functionality including content, updates and new releases provided by Chime, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse the BankFeeFinder.com website), or a “Member” (which means that you have registered with BankFeeFinder.com). The term “you” or “User” refers to a Visitor, or Member. The term “we” refers to Chime. If you wish to become a Member, communicate with other Members, or make use of the Services, you must read this Agreement and indicate your acceptance during the registration process.
You may not use BankFeeFinder.com and you may not accept this Agreement if you are not are not at least 18 years of age and, in any event, of a legal age to form a binding contract with Chime.
If you accept this Agreement, you represent that you have the capacity to be bound by it or if you are acting on behalf of a company or entity that you have the authority to bind such entity. Before you continue, you should print or save a local copy of this Agreement for your records.
- Description of the ServicesThe bankfeefinder.com Service is a personal finance tool that allows you to view and aggregate bank fees that you may have incurred on your financial accounts you choose to link. The content, results and materials in this site are provided “as is” and without representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied.
All fees are an estimation based on an assessment of the users associated accounts. Such data is provided through Plaid and interpreted by Chime. All results should be verified with the bank to which all fees are associated for accuracy.
The Chime Service is provided to you by Chime without charge (it is free) and is meant to provide you with your information to allow you to better understand your bank fees. The Services may also present you information relating to third party products or services (“Chime Offers”), as well as provide you general tips, recommendations and educational material.
- Account Information from Third Party SitesUsers authorize Chime and Plaid with the power and authority to (acting on users behalf) access and transmit End User Data as reasonably necessary to provide the Service to such end user.
Chime cannot always foresee or anticipate technical or other difficulties which may result in failure to obtain data or loss of data, personalization settings or other service interruptions. Chime cannot assume responsibility for the timeliness, accuracy, deletion, non-delivery or failure to store any user data, communications or personalization settings. For example, when displayed through the Services, Account Information is only as fresh as the time shown, which reflects when the information is obtained from such sites. Such information may be more up-to-date when obtained directly from the relevant sites. You can refresh your Account Information through the Services, in the manner prescribed in the associated instructions.
- Your Use of the ServicesYour right to access and use the Sites and the Services is personal to you and is not transferable by you to any other person or entity. You are only entitled to access and use the Sites and Services for lawful purposes. Accurate records enable Chime to provide the Services to you. You must provide true, accurate, current and complete information about your accounts maintained at other web sites, and you may not misrepresent your Registration and Account Information. You represent that you are a legal owner of, and that you are authorized to provide us with, all Registration and Account Information and other information necessary to facilitate your use of the Services.
Your access and use of. Services may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of the Services or other actions that Chime, in its sole discretion, may elect to take. In no event will Chime be liable to any party for any loss, cost, or damage that results from any scheduled or unscheduled downtime.
Your sole and exclusive remedy for any failure or non-performance of the Services, including any associated software or other materials supplied in connection with such services, shall be for Chime to use commercially reasonable efforts to effectuate an adjustment or repair of the applicable service.
- Use With Your Mobile DeviceUse of these Services may be available through a compatible mobile device, Internet and/or network access and may require software. You agree that you are solely responsible for these requirements, including any applicable changes, updates and fees as well as the terms of your agreement with your mobile device and telecommunications provider. CHIME MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED AS TO: (i) THE AVAILABILITY OF TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES FROM YOUR PROVIDER AND ACCESS TO THE SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR FROM ANY LOCATION; (ii) ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION OF THE TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES; AND (iii) ANY DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES OR FAILURE TO TRANSMIT ANY DATA, COMMUNICATIONS OR SETTINGS CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICES.
- Online, Email and Mobile AlertsChime may from time to time provide automatic alerts, emails and account-related alerts. Automatic alerts may be sent to you following certain changes to your account, incurring of bank fees or other relevant notifications.
Account alerts may be turned off by unsubscribing from any and all applicable emails. They may then be customized, deactivated or reactivated by you. Chime may add new alerts from time to time, or cease to provide certain alerts at any time upon its sole discretion.
You understand and agree that any alerts provided to you through the Services may be delayed or prevented by a variety of factors. Chime may make commercially reasonable efforts to provide alerts in a timely manner with accurate information, but cannot guarantee the delivery, timeliness, or accuracy of the content of any alert. Chime shall not be liable for any delays, failure to deliver, or misdirected delivery of any alert; for any errors in the content of an alert; or for any actions taken or not taken by you or any third party in reliance on an alert. Electronic alerts will be sent to the email address you have provided as your primary email address for the Services. If your email address or your mobile device’s email address changes, you are responsible for informing us of that change. You can also choose to have alerts sent to a mobile device that accepts text messages. Changes to your email address or mobile number will apply to all of your alerts.
- Rights You Grant to UsBy submitting information, data, passwords, usernames, PINs, other log-in information, materials and other content to Chime through the Services, you are licensing that content to Chime for the purpose of providing the Services. Chime may use and store the content in accordance with this Agreement. You represent that you are entitled to submit it to Chime for use for this purpose, without any obligation by Chime to pay any fees or be subject to any restrictions or limitations. By using the Services, you expressly authorize Chime to access your Account Information maintained by identified third parties, on your behalf as your agent. When you use the BankFeeFinder.com feature of the Services, you will be directly connected to the website for the third party you have identified. Chime will submit information including usernames and passwords that you provide to log into the Site. You hereby authorize and permit Chime to use and store information submitted by you to accomplish the foregoing and to configure the Services so that it is compatible with the third party sites for which you submit your information. For purposes of this Agreement and solely to provide the Account Information to you as part of the Service, you grant Chime a limited power of attorney, and appoint Chime or Chime Bills as your attorney-in-fact and agent, to access third party sites, retrieve and use your information with the full power and authority to do and perform each thing necessary in connection with such activities, as you could do in person. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WHEN CHIME IS ACCESSING AND RETRIEVING ACCOUNT INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTY SITES, CHIME IS ACTING AS YOUR AGENT, AND NOT AS THE AGENT OF OR ON BEHALF OF THE THIRD PARTY THAT OPERATES THE THIRD PARTY SITE. You understand and agree that the Services are not sponsored or endorsed by any third parties accessible through the Services. Chime is not responsible for any payment processing errors or fees or other Services-related issues, including those issues that may arise from inaccurate account information.
- Chime’s Intellectual Property RightsThe contents of the Services, including its “look and feel” (e.g., text, graphics, images, logos and button icons), photographs, editorial content, notices, software (including html-based computer programs) and other material are protected under both United States and other applicable copyright, trademark and other laws. The contents of the Services belong or are licensed to Chime or Chime Bills or its software or content suppliers. Chime grants you the right to view and use the Services subject to these terms. You may download or print a copy of information for the Services for your personal, internal and non-commercial use only. Any distribution, reprint or electronic reproduction of any content from the Services in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited without our prior written consent. You agree not to use, nor permit any third party to use, the Site or the Services or content in a manner that violates any applicable law, regulation or this Agreement.
- Access and InterferenceYou agree that you will not:
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated data gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor the Services or any portion of the Services, without Chime’s express written consent, which may be withheld in Chime’s sole discretion;
- Use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the services, other than the search engines and search agents available through the Services and other than generally available third-party web browsers (such as Microsoft Explorer);
- Post or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other contaminating or destructive features, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Services;
- OR Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Services.
- Disclaimer of Representations and WarrantiesTHE SITES, SERVICES, INFORMATION, DATA, FEATURES, AND ALL CONTENT AND ALL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SERVICES OR PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES (WHETHER OR NOT SPONSORED) ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. CHIME, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, DISTRIBUTORS OR SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY, “SUPPLIERS”) MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONTENT OR OPERATION OF THE SITE OR OF THE SERVICES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
NEITHER CHIME OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT ON THE SITES OR OF THE SERVICES (WHETHER OR NOT SPONSORED), AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER CHIME OR ITS SUPLIERS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE THAT THE CONTENT THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES IS FREE OF INFECTION FROM ANY VIRUSES OR OTHER CODE OR COMPUTER PROGRAMMING ROUTINES THAT CONTAIN CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OR THAT ARE INTENDED TO DAMAGE, SURREPTITOUSLY INTERCEPT OR EXPROPRIATE ANY SYSTEM, DATA OR PERSONAL INFORMATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN SUCH STATES LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 15 AND 17 OF THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Not a Financial Planner, Broker or Tax AdvisorNEITHER CHIME NOR THE SERVICES ARE INTENDED TO PROVIDE LEGAL, TAX OR FINANCIAL ADVICE. CHIME IS NOT A FINANCIAL PLANNER, BROKER OR TAX ADVISOR. The Service is intended only to assist you in your financial organization and decision-making and is broad in scope. Your personal financial situation is unique, and any information and advice obtained through the Service may not be appropriate for your situation. Accordingly, before making any final decisions or implementing any financial strategy, you should consider obtaining additional information, verifying the validity of any reported fees, and seeking advice from your accountant or other financial advisers who are fully aware of your individual circumstances.
- Limitations on Chime’s LiabilityCHIME SHALL IN NO EVENT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, LIQUIDATED OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE OR BUSINESS, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART FROM YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITES, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, THE SITES OR THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF CHIME HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT, CHIME’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF $500.00 (FIVE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS).
- Your Indemnification of ChimeYou shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Chime and its officers, directors, shareholders, and employees, from and against all claims, suits, proceedings, losses, liabilities, and expenses, whether in tort, contract, or otherwise, that arise out of or relate, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, in whole or in part arising out of or attributable to any breach of this Agreement or any activity by you in relation to the Sites or your use of the Services.
- ModificationsChime reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Sites or Services with or without notice. Chime reserves the right to change the Services, including applicable fees, in our sole discretion and from time to time.
Chime may modify this Agreement from time to time. Any and all changes to this Agreement may be provided to you by electronic means (i.e., via email or by posting the information on the Sites). In addition, the Agreement will always indicate the date it was last revised. You are deemed to accept and agree to be bound by any changes to the Agreement when you use the Services after those changes are posted.
- Governing Law and Forum for DisputesCalifornia state law governs this Agreement without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions.