This Electronic Communications Agreement (“Disclosure”) applies to all communications for those products and services offered or accessible through www.chimebank.com that are not otherwise governed by the terms and conditions of an electronic disclosure and consent. This Disclosure supplements and is to be construed in accordance with the terms contained in the deposit account agreement (“Deposit Account Agreement”) and the savings account agreement (“Savings Account Agreement”) you received when you obtained the demand deposit account or savings account (the “Chime Account(s)”).
“We”, “us”, “our”, refers to 1debit Inc. “Issuing Bank” means The Bancorp Bank. “You” and “your” mean the person or persons identified on the Chime Account(s). “Communication” means any customer agreements or amendments thereto, disclosures, notices, responses to claims, transaction histories, privacy policies and all other information in connection with the Chime Account(s) or related products and service, including but not limited to information that we are required by law to provide you in writing.
The Chime Account(s) are intended for use only by individuals who are willing and able to receive notices and communications exclusively through electronic means. If you do not agree to the legally-required notices and communications described herein in electronic and not paper form, then you may not open a Chime Account(s). Similarly, if after providing your consent hereunder, you withdraw such consent, we reserve the right to terminate your Chime Account(s) and your participation in the program.
- Scope of Communications to Be Provided in Electronic Form.When you use a product or service to which this Disclosure applies, you agree that we may provide you with any Communications in electronic format, to the extent allowed by law, and that we may discontinue sending paper Communications to you. Your consent to receive electronic communications and transactions includes, but is not limited to:
- All legal and regulatory disclosures and communications associated with your Chime Account(s) and any related products or services;
- Your Deposit Account Agreement or Savings Account Agreement and any notices about a change in terms to these agreements;
- Privacy policies and notices;
- Responses to claims filed in connection with your Chime Account(s);
- Notices regarding insufficient funds or negative balances; and
- All other communications between us and you concerning your Chime Account(s) and any related transactions, products or services.
- Method of Providing Communications to You in Electronic From.All communications that we provide to you in electronic form will be provided either (1) via e-mail or (2) by access to a web site that is designated in an e-mail notice sent to you at the time the information is available.
- How to Withdraw Consent.You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications in electronic form by contacting us at P.O. Box 417, San Francisco, CA 94104-0417. If you withdraw your consent, we will close your Chime Account(s), and mail you a refund check for any amount remaining balance(s) in your Chime Account(s) in accordance with the terms of your Deposit Account Agreement or Savings Account Agreement. If you withdraw your consent, the legal validity and enforceability of prior Communications delivered in electronic form will not be affected.
- How to Update Your Records.It is your responsibility to provide us with a true, accurate and complete e-mail address, contact, and other information related to this Disclosure and your Chime Account(s), and to maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. You can update information (such as your email address) through www.chimebank.com or by contacting us at 1-844-244-6363. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in your receipt of the Communications if we send the Communications to the last email address you have provided to us.
- Hardware and Software Requirements.In order to access, view, and retain electronic Communications that we make available to you, you must have:
- a personal computer capable of running one of these compatible browsers:
- Internet Explorer version 9.0 or higher.
- Firefox version 35 or higher.
- Safari version 6.1 or higher.
- Chrome version 38 or higher.
- an Apple iPhone or iPad running iOS version 8.0 or higher.
- an Android phone running Android version 4.1 or higher.
- access to an active e-mail account with an Email service provider.
- Requesting Paper Copies.We will not send you a paper copy of any Communication, however, we reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to provide a paper (instead of electronic) copy of any Communication that you have authorized us to provide electronically. You can obtain a paper copy of an electronic Communication by printing it yourself or be requesting that we mail you a paper copy. To request a paper copy, contact us at 1-844-244-6363 during normal business hours. We may charge you a reasonable service charge for the delivery of paper copies of any Communication provided to you electronically pursuant to this authorization.
- Communications in Writing.All Communications in either electronic or paper format from us to you will be considered “in writing”. You should print or download for your records a copy of this Disclosure and any other Communication that is important to you.
- Federal Law.You acknowledge and agree that your consent to electronic Communications is being provided in connection with a transaction affecting interstate commerce that is subject to federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (the “Act”), and that you and we both intend that the Act apply to the fullest extent possible to validate our ability to conduct business with you by electronic means.
- Termination/Changes.We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to discontinue the provision of your electronic Communications, or to terminate or change the terms and conditions on which we provide electronic Communications. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.
- Consent.By checking “I agree”, you adopt the check as your electronic signature and you give your affirmative consent to provide electronic Communications to you as described herein. You further agree that your computer satisfies the hardware and software requirements specified above and that you have provided us with a current e-mail address at which we may send electronic Communications to you.